Great books about life on the Street:
Monkey Business: Swinging Through the Wall Street
Jungle, John Rolfe and Peter Troob
- Great, albeit sensationalized, view of life as an
Associate in I-banking.
Barbarians at the Gate: The Fall of RJR Nabisco,
Bryan Burrough and John Helyar
- One of the greatest “war stories” ever
told. M&A in all its glory.
Big Deal, Bruce Wasserstein (note Part III,
- The nuts and bolts of M&A.
Mergers & Acquisition Handbook (2nd edition),
- A comprehensive guidebook of M&A. Chapter on asset
based / buyout financing by David Deutsch.
Liar's Poker: Rising Through the Wreckage on Wall
Street, Michael Lewis
- Frank and funny account of a young career in institutional
sales and trading.
The Financier, Cary Reich
- Lazard Freres, the prototypical advisory firm, under
legendary financier Andre Meyer.
Greed & Glory on Wall Street, Ken Auletta
- The story of Lehman Brothers in the ‘80s: banking
vs. institutional sales & trading.